Friday, November 10, 2006

smoked meat, part 2

It appears I'm getting this in just under the wire tonight. I was out with a former colleague but now close friend A. Proof of how much I enjoy her company is that I completely forgot about this crazy post-a-day challenge! It was only as I was riding my bike home from her place that I realized I had but 15 minutes to turn on the computer and post something quickly before midnight strikes. I feel like Cinderella!

About the only observation I have is that I saw the first Christmas lights of the season. I like the holiday season as much as the next person, but give me a fucking break. We're still two weeks away from American Thanksgiving (which is about the time I feel it's appropriate to begin discussing xmas). Truth be told, except for having time off of work, I'd like to avoid the whole holiday season this year. Last year was tough enough, but I fear this year is going to be even more difficult. (One significant change: I won't be able to indulge in my usual holiday treat of cashews because of the braces.)

I predict much grinning and bearing. And apologies for two junkie posts in a row.

No comments: